New for 2016+
F-7189a Limited Edition for extended power 20W Autobias in Class A/B Pentode. And all F-7189a is equipped and voiced with Mundorf Evo Oil Caps and Mundorf ECAP. This model is designed for the extended power rated EL84M and 7189A tubes only. It also features our latest two stage SEA-II Drivers design - more headroom, more dynamic, more punch, with a two stage driver design, versus to the singe stage driver as the previous SEA Driver design.
MSRP: $3,499 USD With Hammond Output Transformers / Satin Black, White or Classic Glossy Gray.
This is easily the current best 7189a / EL84m machine on the planet now, and with great real world driving power for most speakers. Standard premium parts including:
- Alps Japan Blue Velvet Volume Control
- Lorlin UK Selector
- CMC USA Gold Plated RCA Jacks - 3 Sets
- Mundorf Germany Evo Oil Caps / Mudorf Audiophiler ZN for the input stage (Total 6 Coupling Caps)
- Mundorf Germany ECAP
- Dimension: 14"W X 12"D X 7"H (Similar to your laptop computer)
- We can also further upgrade the transformers, capacitors and connectors for the serious individual.
So what makes the F-7189a different to standard EL84/6BQ5/7189 amplifiers?
- Output Transformers - they required bigger ones, and we picked the very best Hammond 25W (oversize) for this important duty
- Power Transformer - its required one with higher voltage to 300V vs 275V for standard EL84/6BQ5 application
- Choke Transformer - it has been upgraded to our own Triode Lab's choke made by high end M6 metals, its beefier and better - and quieter!
- Upgraded power supply : needless to say, due to the extra output power as well the operation voltage is raised, so does our power supply! and the main power supply ECAP is also upgraded to the higher quality Mundorf
- What makes the F7189a a more serious regular to race tracks? a power regulation stage is added to the screen grid, a mosfet chip is applied to regulate and stabilize the power supply, and a heat sink is in place for the best optimal result - it does gets hot there.
- Last but not least, a spark killer circuitry is added at the AC Inlet, to shield/and protect surges and noises. (Let say when you turn off your old tuner while the amplifier is still ON)
- The ground loop design on the 7189A is also revised and enhanced, along with above upgrades in the power supply, we were able to measured S/N ratio better than 95% (Conservative rating, we really saw 101 db coming!), and THIS READS EXTREME QUIET, total dark out noisefloor.
- And this is how serious and how far we takes to make this very best 20W (at 3% THD).
DO YOU KNOW: Part 2
Using an audio grade transformer is important for providing high quality sound. This is why we always try to use brand name audio transformers that are designed specifically for tube applications, and are well-tested for safety, with solid quality control. As experienced tube amp repair specialists, we see a lot of import and budget tube amplifiers that use low grade transformers - even though they may claim they are "in-house built” or “made with high grade materials.” We, on the other hand, love using brand name transformers, and the cost alone of the set of Hammond transformers we use on the F208a is more than the selling price of some low grade EL84 amps on the market.
F-208b EL84/6BQ5/7189 Entry Integrated Amplifier
- Edcor USA Output Transformers
- 6 Ohms Output
- Class A 10 Watts in Ultra Linear Mode
- SEA DRIVER design
- Hammond Power Supply Transformers
- Mundorf or equivalent coupling caps
- Finished in Matte Black / Hammertone Silver Gray 2016+
MSRP : $2,099 USD
User Manual for F208a / F208b / F308 (PDF files)
DO YOU KNOW: Part 2 cont.
So why should you care about the quality of your transformer — what are the down sides of using a poor quality one? From our extensive experience of fixing tube amps over the last 30 years, we know a poor quality transformer can induce hum/noises, reduce output power greatly, fail prematurely , have output imbalance (one channel makes 25W while the other 22W), cause poor measurements and instabilities to endanger the circuitry itself (or your speakers), and last, the thing we worry about the most — is, in a word — safety — a poorly built transformer is a time bomb. Especially the low price / high power ones. Be warned.
F-348 EL84/6BQ5/7189 Premium Integrated Amplifier( COMING SOON )
- Debut 2016 Spring
- New SEA-II Driver Design (From previous generation SEA Driver Design with just one stage gain)
- This is a design base on the more powerful F-7189a with fewer power and smaller transformers.
- Complete suit of Hammond Canada Transformers (4 Pcs)
- 0-4-8 Ohms Output / Optional 16 ohms
- Class A/B 15 Watts in Pentode Mode (Really putting out 17W at max)
- Preamp Tubes : 12AX7 Pair (The quieter, the better outcome)
- Output Tubes : EL84 / 6BQ5 / 7189 QUAD
- Mundorf Audiophiler ZN Coupling Caps / Nichicon Caps for the signal inputs
- Finished in Satin Black / White or Dark Gray Gloss
MSRP : $2,999 USD
PICTURES COMING SOON
Finalé F-208a / F308 Stereo Tube Integrated Amplifier (DISCONTINUED, replaced by F-348 - 17W)
- 10W + 10W Class A (15W for F-308)
- Push Pull Ultra Linear / Powered by EL84/6BQ5/7189
- Driven by SEA Driver with 12AX7/ECC83 Per Channel - Our all time favourite preamp / driver tube
- 0-4-8 Ohms Speakers Out (16 ohm available)
- Last MSRP $2,099 USD
The F-208A is our highest dollar-to-refinement ratio amplifier. This unit combines the most silky, high quality play back with 10 Watts of Class A, real world drivability. Fully automatic, it needs only 6 tubes and is ready-to-play without the headache of matching the EL84 power tubes (however, you will want to match the two 12AX7 preamp tubes).
Although it is an integrated unit, we find that the superb inner details, proper weight and joy of music, real life transient speed and quiet, stable operations will beat a lot of the current preamp-power amp combinations — especially If you are looking for the best sounding EL84 Integrated Amp under $2K.
On second thought, forget that — we have heard, serviced, seen tons of tube amps around the world, new or old, entry or exotic — and, regardless of price, this is one of the best you’ll hear, period!
Customer feedback #1 : (Direct and copy 100%)
"It was apparent that my expensive 140 watt transistor amplifier could not handle the bass and musical demands of my 91 dB/8 ohm loudspeakers. A professional recommended trying a tube amplifier and a friend recommended Tube de Force.
As it happens, for a dedicated audiophile like myself this was almost a life changing moment!
My Finale F 208 costs much less than the solid state, provides at least twice the quality and many times the enjoyment! Absolute bass control, staggering detail, and luscious high end. Tube de Force nailed the specifications and loudspeaker pairing when they built my amplifier in just three days. It was in my house within a week of ordering it! Great service, very helpful suggestions and a totally awesome product. I just wish I'd have found them earlier and afford even more thrills via their higher end models!"
Customer feedback #2 : (Direct and copy 100%)
"I know a reasonably priced 10 watt amplifier shouldn't be considered "Great" but yours is at any standard. Not broken in (less than 5 hours use), it is much better with the Gemme audio Vivace's than Bryston and therefore many other solid-state amplifiers. I have had Bryston, Audiomat Opera and Aurum Acoustics (NFLD) and yours is lots better. Shocking really. Listening during a quiet evening has provided my best CD experience with orchestral, jazz and even pop/rock. I enjoyed about 8 CD's all of which sounded much better than I have ever heard. "
Customer feedback #3 : (Direct and copy 100%)
"Next subject is the F208 I purchased from you. Wow, this amp is a staging master. It has authoritative low frequency, smooth mids and light, airy and delicate highs. I paired it with LSA 1's and it is a match made in heaven, talk about organic. Absolutely no listeners fatigue and the listening session intensifies as the hour go by! What continually passes thru my mind when listening is 3D, this sounds like 3D. It reminds me of the first time that I witnessed color TV! I am using the tube compliment that you recommended, EH 12Ax7's and SovtecEL84's.I experimented with a few other NOS 12AX7's but always preferred the EH's, talk about cost effective. Thanks for recommending this to me."