What’s Cooking in the Finale?!
Based on an engineering order/note issued from our chief, the following will be in effect immediately without notice:
- CMC Gold RCA / Binding Posts: These connectors will be used across the entire line, due to its excellence in quality, reliability and consistency. We have been having quality issues with another brand that we have been using for a long time, until we notice the quality is coming back. The uber RCA connector choice we use now is the DH Labs USA
- Transformers : Due to the shortage of HIFI transformers supplies, HAMMONDS of CANADA and HASHIMOTO (Sansui) of JAPAN will be our main two suppliers ofHIFI transformers. We will also continue to work with a few other top North American manufacturers in our custom designs, including Heyboer (Mercury) of USA, Edcor of USA, and ANK of Canada.
One thing we know for certain is that success never stops to admire itself. We’ve been super-busy working on new projects and we have a few ready to be disclosed. No matter what happens, we know this year will be an exciting one for us and for you as well!
RECENT NEWS : Starting in 2016, there will be a price increase to all entry level amps, as a result of different factors; unfavorable currency exchange, higher cost on parts (all prices have increased dramatically, from all level - direct pricing from the parts manufacturer to importers/distributors, and even local stores), and, not to mention, inflation (our metal parts manufacturer inflated prices over 50% on chassis and parts, for instance). Moreover, the selection in tube amplifier parts (everything from transformer to caps) has reduced, as many smaller brands are being brought out by the bigger multi-corp and, so, are either phased out or combined into the bigger name. It is also quite sad to hear about the two legendary famous HIFI transformer companies in Japan shutting down their business. However, we will continue to fight hard, despite it being an uphill battle. Looking ahead in 2017, we will streamline and phase out some variations of certain models and narrow our lineup to maintain the quality to price ratio to our customers.
LATEST Available colours/finish on some of our models:
1. British Racing Green Metallic (Sample) A classic and legendary colour for the motor enthusiast
2. Copper Metallic (Sample) A light copper finish with a warm glow and sparkles visible under lighting
3. Dark Mocha Brown Metallic (Sample) A modern and tasteful brown with light sparkles (much like coffee beans)
4. Satin Black (Sample) A subtle black with a satin and smooth finish
5. Orange (Sample) A recent fav colour choice over black (identical to the pure orange colour used by Porsche)
6. Volvo Racing Polestar Green/Blue A very cool or sporty colour that changes depending on the lighting, making our amp stand out in your HiFi chamber(more like Aqua / Turquoise depending on lighting)
7. Hammer tone Silver-Gray (Sample) A very durable, highly scratch resistant finish that gives a feeling of nostalgia as vintage HiFi
8. Maroon Red (Sample) A darker, more solid, non-metallic red, compared to burgundy or wine red
9. Classic Dark Gray Gloss (Sample) A colour similar to the Audi / Toyota Classic Gray (or vintage Kenwood/Trio/Phillips glossy gray) with a glossy finish (handling with gloves is highly recommended)
LAGATO Phono Tube Preamp (Debut any time with MOQ)
Our reference and best phono design!
For those of you who do not know us., we aren't just an expert of tubes in the HiFi application. We have experience as solid state circuitry designers / electronic engineers (from car stereo, radio station/studio equipment, vessels communications engineering, to consumer electronics, and so on). We believe designing solid state amps is even more fun and challenging because we are not only good at it, we are truly passionate about it!. As vinyl freaks and connoisseurs, we mastered the art of turntables decades ago.
The LAGATO will be housed in a large size chassis, as there will be three to four (3-4) separated sections :
1. MC Input (handled by a DOZEN high quality transistors, it will be very quiet, and when we say quiet, we MEAN quiet!)
2. MM Input (the MC then enters this MM stage, or use this input when use with MM cartridge), the signal then goes to OUTPUT for external pre-amplifier, or to the LAGATO's on board tube buffer/pre-amplifier to directly drive power amplifiers)
3. Line Stage Input (used as a standard tube pre-amplifier)
Tube power supply will be external. This will be a pretty end game as a phono solution.
CAVATINA Hybrid Integrate-Amp / Phono 20 - 30W 8 Ohms (Debut any time with MOQ)
- This is a hybrid-integrated amp, with a Class A Tube Pre-amp Section
- The infamous and highly-praised Western Electric 396a / 2C51 tube is used
- Triode Lab Power Transformer (Quiet / Quality / Durability - MADE IN CANADA / Made with military grade high quality M6 metals)
- It will also come with our legendary phono stage - people sometimes decide to buy just because of it!
- The first 100 lucky customer's unit will be built with high quality NOS Japanese transistors (collected 20 to 30 years ago from work when we were designing and engineering solid state audio equipment, and now combined with tubes that are used to drive the transistor directly for the best sound)
- Debut time : UNKNOWN, stay tuned for the pre-order special!
- MSRP to be sub $4000-4999 CAD
Rondo - Our First Dedicated Tube Phono Stage
- Coming soon to our lineup, the Rondo is our one-box tube phono stage, particularly attractive to those who are die-hard fans of tubes, or those who want an add-on to our current integrated amps. The Rondo will share a chassis with the Conductor/Prelude, which enables us to implement the phono stage with a beautiful design. The larger platform also allows us to use larger and more sophisticated parts. and to maintain sufficient distance between the power transformer/power supply and the pre-amp stage — reducing noise and increasing effective signal transmission.
- Responding to many customer requests, we have been looking to design a high-quality, one-box solution like the Rondo — one that handles MM and high-output MC cartridges nimbly. Our goal with the Rondo is to create an analog solution that has high gain, very low noise, as well as, all the compelling aspects of a live music performance!
- Our design philosophy has never more important than it is in a very sensitive device like a phono pre-amplifier, which begins with a very low signal. In this case, our commitment to designing the finest power supplies and regulation stages is even more critical, and take the most time in our R&D work. In a phono stage, even more than in other electronics, work must begin with a dramatically low noise floor. We take power supply and regulation very seriously.
- The Rondo will comprise many of our standard state-of-the-art components, including Mundorf Supreme coupling capacitors, Furutech IEC Gold power cabling, CMC-USA gold-plated RCA hardware, and the 1877 phono ground post. The Rondo's power will be converted by a special power transformer made in Canada to the most exacting proprietary specifications.
- Not to give away too many secrets, but, now that we have reached the final R&D stages, it appears likely the Rondo will have its own volume control (the ability to adjust with different cart), and the ability to drive a power amplifier directly. In fact, we can hear the analog chorus singing now!
F-90.2 Mono Blocks
Many have commented that we don't have any EL34 amps, nor something more high-end or high-power, yet, affordable... well, here it comes, we have been listening!
4 x EL34 Per Channel, manual bias, in return of a solid 90W of absolute tube power, Class A/B Push Pull
1 super 12X7 as driver
Full suit of huge Canadian transformers, all built into the 829B enclosed type chassis
Mundorf Evo Oil and Supreme Caps all the way
This will be the highest power per dollar amps in our lineup and we try to price it below $8,999 USD
F-6V6 (Temporary code name) 6V6 Tube Integrated Amp
- Fits in between F-168 with 8W per channel and F-348 with 17W
- Puts out a very solid CLASS A 10 Watts, max out with just 0.3V input sensitivity
- The 6V6 is known for its lower inner heat, which means a long service life expectancy (many old machines and their 6V6 still running!)
- Min of 7 tubes will be on the amplifier, which will be fantastic for tube rollers and tube connoisseurs
- The front end is handled by a 12AX7 at the input (middle front location), then to the 6SN7s, (front 8 pins location on the side) all tubes on the amps are good sounding selections and high availability, yet affordable
- The rest is seen by how small of a footprint we can put this into
- This is one of our favorite circuitry with one of my favourite tube (6V6) from a long time, we mastered it when the 6V6 were still 40 cents USD each! All these tubes are very efficient and can easily yield a good result (both aural and papers). It also sounds best if power is not your priority.
- MSRP : Again, will be priced between F-168 and F-348, roughly $2499 USD / $2999 CAD
- Uber model : The R version will be putting out some finest tube 12 Watts (Still Class A) or AB-15W+ with the 8th tube (5AR4) for the rectification. Better coupling caps and bits expected, as well bigger and better output transformers is in-place.
- Debut : Anytime